Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import a Trello Template in private mode?

Alex Brunckhorst November 5, 2020

Hi! I'm trying to import a Trello template, but it only imports for teams, and of course, I need to choose a team for it. The point is that I want to use the template in private, just for my personal use and study/learn. Why the "private" mode is blocked? How can I "unblock" it?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2020

You can make your own team if you'd like, or just set the created board to Private.  No one besides the people on the board (and team admins) can see a Private board. 

We are renaming teams to workspaces later this year and all boards will need to be associated with a team/workspace.

The old "Personal" board is just a Private board in your team/workspace.

Alex Brunckhorst November 5, 2020

Thank you Michael!

But, if I understood correctly, by using a "private team/workspace", even been only me, this "team" would have a 10 boards limit?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2020

Correct. If you weren’t a paying customer then you’d have to make another one or archive an old board if you had to go over 10. 

Mary Mendoza November 6, 2020

Michael - Your answer somewhat addresses a problem I just started having.  I have Trello Gold.  I have "personal" boards but today when I tried to create a new board, it made me pick a team.  I understood Trello Gold to have unlimited boards.  I don't want to pay for Gold and Business.  Has there been a change in the past few days where I no longer can create personal boards?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events