Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide cards I create from 'Card Search' when I filter via my name

chrismilousis August 18, 2021

I have created a card on Trello for my coworker and I do not want it to appear when I 'Card Search' via my name. I am not following the card, I am not on the card, I am not watching the card... and yet it still appears when I search via my name.

How do I stop it from appearing?

hide this card.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2021

@chrismilousis seems strange! That's definitely not the expected behavior. Are you sure there isn't another filter applied to make that card appear? Can you try clearing all filters and then select "Q" on your keyboard? 

chrismilousis August 18, 2021

woah that worked - is 'Q' self-filter?

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2021

Yep! It's a keyboard shortcut. You can use that in different views as well, like the calendar power-up, or just the native calendar/timeline views. 

I think what probably happened was that the board was filtered to only show cards with you as a member, and then the card you highlighted was added _after_ you applied the filter. When the board is being filtered, and you add a new card, the card will still show, even if that card doesn't meet the filter requirements (it won't disappear). So you have to reset the filter to update the board. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events