Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the name of a list to populate with a card on calendar sync?

Deleted user August 10, 2021

I am using the calendar powerup to add sync my Trello board calendar with my google calendar. However, only the name of the card is showing on my calendar. Is there a way to make the name of the list that the card belongs to show up on the calendar as well? Our team needs to see the context of the list to understand what the card is referring to. 

We're using Trello to manage construction projects of properties. Each property has it's own list on the board. If I put a card with the due date for 'carpet installation' on a property list, it just puts 'carpet installation' on the calendar without specifying which property list I put it on. 

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user August 16, 2021

Hi Nathan,

Yes, this is the calendar powerup that we are using. We're syncing the trello board calendar with our google calendar via the iCalendar feed link. The name of the list is not showing up in the trello calendar and the google calendar. See screenshots below for reference

Screenshot 2021-08-16 112851.jpgScreenshot 2021-08-16 112907.jpg

Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2021

Hi Amber,

Thanks for including the screenshot!

List names are always added onto the end of the name of a card and event names in Google Calendar aren’t put onto a second line if they don’t fit in the field so if the name is too long it won’t be visible, can you try going into day view in the calendar and see if the list name is visible on the Calendar event?

Cheers, 
Nathan | The Trello Team

Michael Kilpatrick April 18, 2023

Going to be blunt here but this reply form Nathan Smith is a blatant lie. There is absolutely no list name on the calendar view, not after the card name, and also not in brackets, no where. I have been using Trello calendar sync through the url link with Google calendar and this has never showed the list name anywhere which is EXTREMELY inconvenient as you cannot use cards that are the same tasks for different lists and know which they actually belong to.

0 votes
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2021

Hi Amber,

Thanks for reaching out!

The Calendar Power-Up should show the list the card is in inside square brackets after the name of the card (e.g. Card Name [List Name]), is this visible from your calendar? If not, is this the Calendar Power-Up you're using? - https://trello.com/power-ups/55a5d917446f517774210011

Can you also confirm what calendar app you are trying to sync the board to (e.g. Calendar on iOS)?

Cheers,
Nathan | The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events