Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get "start date" in the "due date".

nguyen duy khuong February 18, 2021

In the picture below, my another account have "Start Date" but my account dont have "start date". please help me to check it out. 
image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kerri Holiman February 22, 2021

As far as I can tell, the development team changed the way you access the start date early on Thursday. :) From the initial image, select the check box next to start date and you'll be able to enter a date.

With the integration of both start and due dates like this, you can access them both using the "d" quick key when you hover over a card.

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

The roll-out of the amalgamated buttons and the new pop-up window seems to have been staged across different regions. Yesterday, I had the two buttons on the card and two pop-ups; today I have the one button 'Due Date' and setting the Start Date is done on the resulting pop-up.

It's interesting that you can use the web interface set a date and time for when a card is due, but only a date for when it starts, but via the REST API you can set both a date and a time for the start.

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2021

Hmmm, this is the second question on the same day about the Due Date pop-up having different setting / appearances than expected. Refer to this question as well.

Your screen grab of the Change Due Date pop-up looks extensively different to mine:

Trello Card Due Date setting.JPG

The Date and Time fields are in different locations, have different names, the Save and Remove buttons have moved and changed size, the 'Prev' and 'Next' hyperlinks are '<' and '>' arrows, the table of days looks very different etc etc. That many differences can't be attributed to different page renderings by different web browsers.

For me, I can't set the Start Date via the Set Due Date pop-up. I have to push a separate button called Start Date to see a different pop-up that allows me to set that value:

Trello Card Start Date setting.JPG

It's possible the Trello team are experimenting with different code versions for the card buttons and the appearance in the pop-ups across different regions or Trello instances. Maybe try again next week and see what card buttons are visible and what is shown on the pop-ups.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events