Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable notifications during non-work-hours?

autobot_sbh June 18, 2020

Hi =)

During Corona, our team (about 15 people) switched to work mostly remotely. Due to most of us having kids, work hours became extremely flexible; sometimes, people would post updates deep into the nights, some would post during the early morning hours, other tried to stick to the usual 8-5 hours.

Because of this, phones got push-mentions about work basically around the clock plus on weekends, stressing everybody out to the max.

Is there an option to "only tell me about updates/mentions during [insert working hours here]"? Unsubscribing from boards or turning off mentions is not an option for the most of us, plus a lot of people use trello strictly from their phones while in pandemic office.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2020

@autobot_sbh I use iOS and when I want to enable other notifications but don't want work stuff (ie. Do Not Disturb isn't appropriate) I use the "Instant Tuning" feature:

https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/instant-tuning-quickly-change-notifications-settings-for-any-app-ios-12-0185054/

this is also available from Apple Watch. Not sure if the same thing exists in Android.

autobot_sbh June 19, 2020

So I didn't miss this option in Trello, huh? That's a pity.

Thanks for the link, I'll try to find a German source for that and mail it around. I think, we have one or two iPhone-Users.

An in-program option for this would be amazing, though. I fear that if I start trying to tell people how they can change their phone settings I will either a) get frustrated looks or b) become the go-to-"my-phone-is-broken!"-person of the team.

Like Riva3000 likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events