Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable certain types of notification

xavigisbeg October 15, 2021

My team heavily relies on Trello and I am swamped with notifications about card moves, due date changes and archived cards.

They @ me at stuff and I have no way to see it in the 50 dummy notifications I can get every couple of days. Having no way of configuring your notification settings is awful UX.

I want to know about comments on cards, when I'm added to a card or been @. Watching a card for me is about the content and discussion there, not its status.

4 answers

1 vote
Michael Thomas March 10, 2022

I'd also like to have the feature to turn off "archive" notifications.

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2021

Unfortunately, there's no way to customize notifications :( I agree that this is a very important feature to have. You tend to get spammed with a tonne of updates that you don't need to see, which means you stop paying attention to notifications, resulting in things slipping through the cracks. The only workaround I can think of is to turn off notifications altogether and use butler automation to email you when certain events happen. Not the most ideal solution, especially if you're looking to move away from emails. I'd reach out to Trello directly and explain how much this impacts your work - most other competitors have this option, so I'd like to think it's somewhere on the roadmap! 

xavigisbeg October 20, 2021

Thanks for your answer @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows!

I tried to post this in Discussions rather than Questions, but I saw no button to do it there. Is there any better way to get my feedback to the Trello team?

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2021

@xavigisbeg you can submit feature requests via their support page https://trello.com/en/contact :)

Like xavigisbeg likes this
0 votes
Felix X April 4, 2023

Edit: Whoops; misread what this thread was about -- I landed here after googling how to turn off the annoying popups on card moves; this only hides that and does not turn off e-mails for watched cards, etc. I don't see any obvious way to delete my off-topic reply...

Quick & dirty hack to turn this off (be warned though, I don't know whether this might hide actually-important notifications too):

1. Open your browser's developer tools (usually ctrl+shift+i or F12)
  2. In the Console, do:
document.querySelector("#FlagGroup").style.display = "none"

0 votes
Jose Luis Gaitan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2021

Hello, @xavigisbeg , welcome to the Community

In the upper right side of the Trello screen, when you can see your name or main letters, clicking there, you can access to the configuration panel and to manage your notifications.

xavigisbeg October 20, 2021

Hi @Jose Luis Gaitan and thanks for you answer.

Unfortunately, the only two settings I get are:

• Change the frequency of notification emails (I set it to none, since I want nothing to do with email notifications)
  • Allow desktop notifications

Whereas I want to be able to watch Trello cards but not get notified of moves, set dates, column changes... This both in the web browser and the W10 app (which I prefer).

imagen.png

Matt December 5, 2022

I've just read this. You sent it a year ago.

Has there been an update? I would love to not receive emails when things are done that don't need my attention.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events