How to disable Trello adding card links to Jira issues?

Evgeniy Shemchuk February 2, 2022

I'm using a personal Trello board to keep track of tasks, and I sometimes attach Jira issues to the cards using Jira Power-up. It's really convenient to see the color-coded status of the issue right on the board.

However, when I attach an issue to a card, it automatically creates a link in the Jira issue to the card. Since the board is personal, these links are unnecessary and distracting to the people using Jira.

Is there any way to disable this?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2022

Hi @Evgeniy Shemchuk, I don't believe there's any way to disable this while you have the Jira Power-Up enabled. 

EmanuelPoremba April 20, 2022

Hi @Alex Waite , why don't you implement this? Many users ask for this. I think it's even more common to have it unidirectional than bidirectional.

Like # people like this
EmanuelPoremba June 17, 2022

Hi @Alex Waite ,

is there any update on this?

Like Jenna Brashear likes this
Dan Bleaken July 13, 2022

I also find this very annoying.  My Trello board is personal, I don't want the links created on the JIRA tickets!

Is there any update on this, what can be done @Alex Waite ?

Would be great to have an option on the JIRA Power Up settings to control this - a checkbox to disable the behaviour for example.

Like Jenna Brashear likes this
Jenna Brashear
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2023

I am agreeing with this in Dec 2023. This needs to be worked on ASAP!

Like Kianna Vazquez likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events