Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a source card to select random members to cards

Andra Babigian June 17, 2020

Butler has instruction on how to achieve this but the instructions states specify a source card. What is a source card? Is it a card that I add all the members that I want to be picked from? Is there anything special about the source card?

Butler Instructions:

The at random option adds a randomly-selected member to the current card.
The in turn option adds a member the first time that the command runs, and it remembers which member was added. The next time the command runs (on the same or another card), it adds the next member, etc... The action automatically cycles back to the first member when all have been added to cards.
The member to be added is selected from the members in the board that the current card is in. In order to narrow down the applicable members, you can click on the "bullseye" icon to specify a source card. The member will then be selected from amongst the members on the source card. If a name is specified for the source card, the card needs to be visible on the current board. Entering a link instead allows you to specify any card including archived cards and cards on any board to which you have access.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2020

”Is it a card that I add all the members that I want to be picked from? “

yep!

”Is there anything special about the source card?”

nope!

Andra Babigian June 18, 2020

Awesome and thank you for the quick reply! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events