Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a simple useful backup of everything in trello?

Jake Gonzales March 24, 2019

We have been using trello for years and love it. I started worrying about something happening and losing all our information stored in trello. I created backups for boards in json and csv but neither makes sense to me? I am not an idiot but feel like it when I read about how these backups work. I tried opening the csv and it looks like gibberish to me. Can someone explain to me in layman's terms the best/simplest way to backup all info in trello incase of a crash or data loss or corrupted file etc. I dont want to save these json/csv files only to find out they don't contain useable info I need! Does anyone know of trustworthy companies that can work on trello boards for this and do it for me? I am willing to pay if need be? 

2 answers

0 votes
Dasha Shakov March 29, 2021

Hey Jake!

I 100% agree that exports of your Trello data aren't the most user-friendly way of creating a backup. Moreover, it can be tough to remember to export this information regularly. The hardest part? Importing that information back into Trello when data is lost.

The company I work at, Rewind, has built a solution for this very problem – Backups for Trello. With this Power-Up, your data will be automatically backed up daily and you'll be able to restore data quickly in the user-friendly Rewind Vault should a data catastrophe or a simple mistake (like accidentally deleting a board) occur.

You can find our Power-Up here: Backups for Trello

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll be happy to help!

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2019

@Jake Gonzales check out this series on using Google Sheets for backup and disaster recovery -- the same guy has quite a few articles on it:

http://www.littlebluemonkey.com/blog/trello-backup-30

I based my Trellinator framework in Google Apps Script on this guy's work:

https://trello.com/integrations/#trellinator

When backing up Trello you have the option of just storing information in some "raw" format, you can also use a board based backup to give you an easy way to review and restore an entire board without having to parse JSON/CSV information.

If you need help implementing it just click the link in my profile.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events