Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy a trello card with an attached trello card?

Bryant Hayes January 25, 2022

I have trello cards for everyday of the week on two separate boards. I recently learned to attach card on separate boards. My normal routine to refresh the boards is to copy the "Monday" card and archive the older one. When I click on the attached board it takes me to the achieved board. 

My question how do I carry that attached board over to the copy board w/o doing the whole process over every week?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

Hi @Bryant Hayes ! Welcome to the community :) If I understand correctly, you have two boards, let's say "A" and "B". On "A" you have a "Monday" card, and on "B" you also have a "Monday" card.

The "Monday" card on the "A" board is attached to the "Monday" card on the "B" board, and vice-versa.

When a new week starts, you'll copy the existing "Monday" card on both boards and start fresh. So you're wanting to figure out how to attach these two *new* "Monday" cards together. And then the same repeats for the "Tuesday" card and so on. Is that right?

You can achieve this using Butler by using the lookup function you might also be able to make the whole process more streamlined by creating templates and having them auto-populate each week. Happy to provide more details if you need it, but I'd be interested to find out a bit more about your workflow. Is there a reason why you're using two separate boards to manage your tasks and not just one? What's the need to attach cards together? 

Bryant Hayes January 26, 2022

I am a production manager for a roofing company so I have a board for myself, and then a board for my production team. The cards that are linked are task list. So, my task list requires me to go and check there tasks and make sure that  they are checked off. 

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

Ok, got it! Would something like this make sense?
find same card.PNG

So the idea would be to create this rule on your board. Now, let's say there's a card already on the Production Team board called "Monday". You then create a card on your board called "Monday". Butler will then find the "Monday" card on the Production Team board and link them together (AKA attach the cards). In this method, you'd have to reset the Production board with the new cards first and then reset your board after. If you'd like to do it the other way, then you'd need to create this rule on the Production board.

Like Bryant Hayes likes this
Bryant Hayes January 27, 2022

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events