How to copy a list with cards. Works sometimes but on a large list it only copies the list title

Tom Spratt August 10, 2022

The list I am copying from has many cards, all of them templates. When I test the copy list function on a smaller list without template cards it works OK.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodoro Reato
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2022

Hey Tom, 

You can copy a list with template cards, but the copied list will have them as normal cards and not templates. 

If you aren't seeing this behavior, can you open a ticket through www.trello.com/contact?

Because we will need personal information to understand your scenario. If you're copying a list with a significant number of cards, it can take a while to copy the full list, I advise you to wait a few minutes if that is your scenario. 

Tom Spratt August 12, 2022

I've turned on the Premium trial and tried again. This time it worked but I'm not sure it has anything to do with Premium. I noticed the copy list feature requires you to create the new list name within the process. I mistakenly thought you could create an empty list first and then would select it as the target list on copy.

Next step is to change my source cards back to templates and try again. The reason I created template cards was to do simple ad hoc card copies in refining my lists as distinct from the entire list copy.

Thanks for your reply. I'll consider the issue resolved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events