It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to change date format (language setting apart)

Hi,

need to change the date format from current ""April 17, 2019 12:00 PM CEST"" to more lean "17/04/2019". This is a custom field value sent by email from Trello as notification, no need of time and other info.

Any advise?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Katrin Anger Community Leader May 26, 2019

@davied_b 

May I ask what tool you are using to send the email notification?

If you are using Butler, you could use the variable {datenumber} to get the appropriate result.

Morning,

thank for the hint. You're right i'm using Butler to read the value of a specific custom field named "Data ddt" as date picker which i forward as "Data ddt: {{%Data ddt}}" in email body. Date i pick is different from current day's, which is on the other hand, what {datenumber} returns

Format i get in the email is "Month Day, Year HH:MM PM(/AM ) CEST", es "May 7, 2019 12:00 PM CEST", just wanna "07/05/2019".

Is there a way to convert the format to the one i need? Otherwise  have to go for a text field instead for a date picker.

Tnx

Katrin Anger Community Leader May 27, 2019

@davied_b 

I just checked back on Butler's current possibilities and it does not seem as if there's a way of transforming a custom field's date output into a Butler date variable.

Dear Katrin,

as first wanna thank you for the support.

I finally succeded, here the solution: {{%Data ddt}~DD/MM/YYYY} --> 17/05/2019.

For your further reference, surfing the net i found: https://help.trello.com/article/1159-arithmetic-in-date-variables

Perhaps i'll be usefull for the future.

Bye

Like Katrin Anger likes this
Katrin Anger Community Leader May 27, 2019

@davied_bAwesome, congratulations!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,506 views 12 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you