How to change date format (language setting apart)

davied_b May 25, 2019

Hi,

need to change the date format from current ""April 17, 2019 12:00 PM CEST"" to more lean "17/04/2019". This is a custom field value sent by email from Trello as notification, no need of time and other info.

Any advise?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2019

@davied_b 

May I ask what tool you are using to send the email notification?

If you are using Butler, you could use the variable {datenumber} to get the appropriate result.

davied_b May 27, 2019

Morning,

thank for the hint. You're right i'm using Butler to read the value of a specific custom field named "Data ddt" as date picker which i forward as "Data ddt: {{%Data ddt}}" in email body. Date i pick is different from current day's, which is on the other hand, what {datenumber} returns

Format i get in the email is "Month Day, Year HH:MM PM(/AM ) CEST", es "May 7, 2019 12:00 PM CEST", just wanna "07/05/2019".

Is there a way to convert the format to the one i need? Otherwise  have to go for a text field instead for a date picker.

Tnx

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2019

@davied_b 

I just checked back on Butler's current possibilities and it does not seem as if there's a way of transforming a custom field's date output into a Butler date variable.

davied_b May 27, 2019

Dear Katrin,

as first wanna thank you for the support.

I finally succeded, here the solution: {{%Data ddt}~DD/MM/YYYY} --> 17/05/2019.

For your further reference, surfing the net i found: https://help.trello.com/article/1159-arithmetic-in-date-variables

Perhaps i'll be usefull for the future.

Bye

Like Katrin Anger likes this
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2019

@davied_bAwesome, congratulations!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events