Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid duplicate phone numbers in trello

Frances Winters May 23, 2023

I’ve noticed phone numbers Trello in both the format +61 then nine digit and +61 then ten digits. Is there a way to check if a ten digit number is in Trello without checking both alternatives? If I search for a  ten digit number on its own without +61 search function does not seem to find it.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Not a great solution I am offering but it will work.  You could make an automation that adds a label if it is a 10-digit number then filter on the label.  It would look something like this:

when custom field "Number" is set to "regex:/^.61(.{10,11})/", add the 10digit label to the card

Frances Winters May 23, 2023

Thanks for your answer Mike and confirming it’s an actual issue not just me doing something wrong. I presume you tested this yourself?

I see a problem if I bring in a lead outside of the website leads only to find later that it’s already in the system and someone is already working on it.

It’s not impossible to check both ways,just annoying.

Could Trello not learn to recognise +610413552636, +61413552636 and 0413552636 as the same thing rather than many individuals do a complex work around? 

My memory From long was that MSAccess was pretty good at detecting duplicates like this. Duplicates are always a problem 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events