Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically remove attachments

Katerina Bohacova April 25, 2023

Hi, I am creating various rules to adjust my board. I have managed to automatically remove due dates and labels. However, I have not managed to create a rule automatically removing attachments. It is not an available option in the "add/remove" section of a new rule, or anywhere else. Can you please help me find it?

Thanks a lot, Katerina

2 answers

1 vote
Kyle Hatch
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 30, 2023

Hello, I would also like to support this request. We have cards for monthly supply orders that we attach a supply order list to. It would be nice when completing the card that it would automatically delete the attached old supply order list in addition to changing the due date and clearing the checklist. Thanks!

Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2023

Hi @Kyle Hatch! Thanks for your interest in this feature! I'll add your feedback as +1 to our internal feature request and bring visibility to your interest in having this option on Automation. Thanks for your understanding! 

0 votes
Luciana Munhoz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2023

Hi Katerina! Welcome to the community!

I did some testing in here, but I couldn't find a way to directly remove an attachment like for labels and due dates. There's a way to use the attachment link.

So I tested an alternative that might help in your case. For that, I had to create 2 rules and use a custom field (available in Premium). Here it goes: 

1 - Create a rule that when an attachment is added to a card, fill out the custom field with the attachment link. For that, I used the variable -> {attachmentlink}

when an attachment is added to a card, set custom field "Attachment link" to "{attachmentlink}"
2 - Create a rule with a trigger (in this case I used a label to trigger an action) that will look for the attachment link in the custom field and remove the attachment from the card. Here used the variable {{%Custom Field name}}
when the blue label is added to a card, remove link "{{%Attachment link}}"
image (3).png
The downside is that if you usually attach more than one doc to a card, it will be necessary to create more custom fields for each attachment. 
Hope that helps! :)
Katerina Bohacova April 27, 2023

That would be the only think we would use Premium for and that is not really worth it. Thanks though.

Luciana Munhoz
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2023

Hi Katerina!  I agree that would be great! I wanted to let you know that I checked internally and I see that we have this as a feature request in our backlog, so I have added your feedback as an official “+1” to that request! Hope this helps! If you have any additional insights into your workflow and how this feature would make Automation even more awesome, please don’t hesitate to share. Thanks!

Felipe Martínez July 24, 2023

Hi, I want to support that request. We have some rules for copying-linking cards, and we would like to automatically (upon a new trigger) remove the attached cards later (not possible currently). Greetings!

Luciana Munhoz
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2023

Hey Felipe! Thank you! Just added your feedback as a +1 as well. ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events