Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically create cards in a new list

Carrie Padian Teller September 18, 2020

I need to populate a new list with the same set of cards each time. Is this possible to do in Trello? I’ve scoured everything about Butler and I can’t find an option that will create cards. Is there a workaround I’m missing? 

2 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2020

@Carrie Padian Teller you can use a board button to copy a template list:

2020-09-21 at 10.47 am.png

1 vote
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2020

@Carrie Padian Teller I learned this and it might worked for you..

The "same set of cards" in my example are cards with yellow label. A copy is made and put in "To Do". I used control card in "Control" List as a way to set off the trigger for this example.

when a card in list "Control" is moved into list "Completed", collect all cards with the yellow label into links in checklist "temp", for each card linked from an item in checklist "temp", copy the card to the top of list "To Do", find a card titled "{triggercardname}" in list "Completed", remove the "temp" checklist from the card, and move the card to the top of list "Control"

When I first read your post, I was wondering why you have not used Card Repeater Power Up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events