Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically carry over incomplete tasks with due dates to the next day in calendar PUP?

MegP January 4, 2022

I am using the free version of Trello and particularly like the Calendar Power-Up to view my daily tasks in the "week" view mode. However, when I have incomplete tasks (i.e., tasks that have not been completed by the due date I set), I'm finding it cumbersome to manually change the due date to the following day (or to drag the card to the following day) so that it will appear on the next day's list of tasks. If I don't do this, then eventually I am unable to see that task and it gets forgotten. If it were just 1-2 tasks that I had to do this for it wouldn't be so bad, but when you have 10+ tasks it becomes a chore to do this manually.

Is there a way for Trello to automatically carry over incomplete tasks to the following day in Calendar Power-Up until they are completed?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Hi @MegP ! Welcome to the community :) You could look at creating a due date command to achieve this. The idea would be to trigger the date to move forward once the card is past due. For example, 24 hours after an incomplete card is due, move the due date by 1 or 2 days.

move due date.PNG
Does that look like something that'll work for your use-case?

MegP January 5, 2022

Hi hannahmorg, thank you for your reply!! I hadn't noticed that there was a separate section in Automation specifically for due date commands. I have set something up and will see if it works. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events