Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate a checklist to send email to a member(s) of a item?

Jean Novack February 21, 2024

Im creating a checklist to help my operational process. I have around 20 items in the checklist and some of them Im using automation to send email notification.

Using the automation, Is it possible to send an email notification to a member (s) that I assign to a specific item of the checklist when it is clicked/finished?

2 answers

0 votes
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2024

Hello @Jean Novack 

Kindly confirm that are you trying it out of Trello's Butler Power-Up ? or any third party.

I can try to fetch much more closer solution 

0 votes
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2024

Hi @Jean Novack 

Hi - I hope that you are Doing good !!

Yes, it is possible to send an email notification to specific members when a checklist item is clicked or marked as completed in Trello using automation tools like Butler or Zapier

->Enable the Butler Power-Up for your Trello board
->Create a Butler rule that triggers when a checklist item is clicked or marked as completed

->Configure the action to send an email notification to the assigned member(s) of that checklist item
->Use Butler variables to personalize the email content with dynamic information such as checklist item name, card name

There are ways to accomplish this via zapier as well

Happy to help any further !!

Thank you very much and have a fantastic day!
Warm regards

Jean Novack February 22, 2024

Hi @Humashankar VJ Thank you for your message.

Im using the Automation - Rules - Content - send an email notification.

Unfortunately, I'm seem only three options, 

- send an email notification to (specific email)

- send an email notification to every member on the card

- send an email notification to every member on the board

I need to send an email notification for those that are in a specific item not in the card. In the card I have more than one member that I will use them for different items.

Jean Novack February 23, 2024

@Humashankar VJ 

For example, 

For each item i select different member. That member is not in the rule automation specifically. The rule needs to respect the member that is in the ITEM not as specific email or in the card or in the board. 

I didn't see the option on Automation rule to send an email notification the member of the item.

Captura de tela 2024-02-23 172918.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events