• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add members to my team's new board directly? (without invitation) Edited

Old days, I can add my team members directly to a new board that I created on my team, without invitation.

But today, I try to do that, I could not find the menu "Add Members".

Instead, I can see "Invite To Board".

What can I do?

This is specification change of Trello?

3 answers

Hey Jun-ichi

Trello has recently undergone some changes, and has moved the option to invite users away from the board menu and placed it near the top of the board. You can find it next to the board's visibility option. See this image as a reference: goo.gl/BAfUt1

Keep in mind that the option may be "dim" if you have a background picture that would hide the text here.

0 votes
Alice Causarano Community Leader Jul 20, 2018

Hi! I think you have to manually invite team members to your board since when you create a new Team Board you can see that the second option is to make it visible to team members but they need to be added in order to edit it.

team board.PNG

Hope it helps!

What doesn't make sense to me is every time you create a new board and associate a team to it that is already created with members, why you have to now invite them to the new board? That's an extra step? I just don't get it.

Thank you for everyone.

I know Trello had been some User Interface changed, but It's not my problem.

I wan to know does somebody know how to add team members to a team board directly, without invitations.

I could add members to a board directly a few month ago, from here:  goo.gl/BAfUt1

But today, there is "Invite Users", not "Add Members".

The feature of adding members directly was gone?

P.S. The board is already visible to the team (Thanks Alice!). But I want to add team members, forcely :)

Like Lori Gacioch likes this

Trello has recently undergone some changes, and has moved the option to invite users away from the board menu and placed it near the top of the board. You can find it next to the board's visibility option. See this image as a reference: goo.gl/BAfUt1

Keep in mind that the option may be "dim" if you have a background picture that would hide the text here.

Thank you Matthew, but your reply is not the answer to my question...

I already know what you described.

I don't want to "invite".

I want to add member "directly", without invitations.

It’s literally the same thing. Add a user/invite a user. 

If there not a Trello user, they’ll get an email inviting them to join and then they’ll be a member of your board. If they are a Trello user, they’ll be added directly to the board without invite. 

> It’s literally the same thing. Add a user/invite a user. 

Oh, that's what I want to be heard!

Thank you very much, Matthew!

What if the email does not reach the user?

We have checked internal mail filters but this is not the block. I have sent invitation multiple times but recipient does not get email??

Solved for my colleague by Torben on the Trello support Team - Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

836 views 14 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you