Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many cards can a list hold?

Sarah
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 2, 2023

I have a list that has 200+ cards (useable because of labels) - are there limits to how many cards a list can hold?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2023

The list limits are set to the same as the board limits which are as follows:

5000 cards - Hard limit

4000 cards - Soft limit (warning)

2000+ cards - will run painfully slow

Up to 2000, should be fine.

This is a rough guide, those limits are active cards (not archived) 

Performance is also affected by how much data is in a card, be it attachments, text, lots of custom fields or labels etc...

Sarah
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 9, 2023

This is super helpful!!!

Terri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 5, 2023

@Dreamsuite MikeI've found this very helpful, too. Thanks!

Can you please clarify for me how archived cards impact the board limit.

If, for example, we had hundreds of cards that are in archived status in a board, do these count towards the overall board limit of cards?

Thanks.

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2023

Archived cards don't affect performance and the archived card limit is so high (2000000) that it isn't something that should worry you.

Terri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 6, 2023

Awesome, thank you for clarifying!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events