How do I share a link to a specific list within a board?

Gerrie Diaz January 19, 2018

I have a board that has several lists. I want to start an online conversation with a colleague that is focused on cards within a specific list. How do I provide them a hyperlink to that list?

7 answers

4 votes
Linda DuLac May 25, 2020

Gerrie, while not exactly what you want, I do have a suggestion. I too wanted to link to a specific list. I have a board that has a list for each project, and the first list is an index. It's where I start things before moving them to other boards to work on. I wanted to use the index list cards to jump to the list for each year of the project. Here's what I came up with.

Since you can link to a card, you can link to the first card in the list you want to go to. That way when you click on that from elsewhere, it will open that card thereby taking you to the list you want to view. I create a reference card for each list as the first card (with ideas and research), so when I want to link to a list I simply link to that reference card.

I hope that helps! It's working very well for me.

jenna scott August 12, 2022

This is a good workaround, ty for sharing... still doesn't make sense why the actual feature not yet available though so hopefully we'll get an update from the Taco team soon.

Like # people like this
3 votes
Judd Higgins June 2, 2023

The year is 2023. Cost of living, inflation, and global sea surface temperatures break records. I reach out to my colleague in Slack, "You can find our At-Risk clients in this list in our CST board", but it's all for naught. She cries out, "Which list? There's 40 lists on this board, and I can't search without twenty different results that don't include lists! I'll never find it in time for my 11:00am meeting!"

He reaches out to the Atlassian gods, but they have not heard our cry. He breaks down in desperation and pleads with humanity's last hope, our Open.AI overlords. "Write a dystopian sci-fi-themed rant about how it's the year 2023, and we cannot link to a Trello List" But, this, too, fails as the bot can do no such thing. Perhaps they are aligned in our inefficiency?!

It is at this moment of pure broken spirit that our user-hero dusts off his ancient English diploma and attempts to ask for assistance.

In the end, it is only the human who can scream into the workplace void.

Bernie Thompson June 2, 2023

OK, this is awesome. My dear falling-behind friends at Trello, I hope this catches your attention. Humanity (at least the ones still using Trello) need you!

Like # people like this
Nicky Woods June 21, 2023

@Judd Higgins this is perfect

Like # people like this
Flávia Cassiola
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 18, 2024

Maravilhoso texto! Como que não conseguimos compartilhar uma lista, prezados deuses atlassianos? Já procurei PowerUps e formas de bloquear demais listas e nada. Nos ajude!

2 votes
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Hi Gerrie,

Although you can link to a specific card or board, right now there isn't a way to link to a list in isolation. I'll let our team know that's something you'd be interested in. In the meantime, we'd suggest sending a link to the board instead.

Vegard Bell March 20, 2018

I really hope you can implement this feature. I have all my clients into ONE board, but separate lists. It would be awesome if you could share the specific list to each client.

Like # people like this
Bernie Thompson December 7, 2021

This is a critical gap in Trello's functionality.  Please give lists a unique url!

Like # people like this
Maxi Contieri June 4, 2022

Please add this feature

Like # people like this
Dave Edwards July 25, 2022

Please add this feature.

Like # people like this
Sylwia Kowalska August 1, 2022

4 years in and this basic functionality is still unavailable? 

Also, I've just shared a link to a card and it didn't work without giving the individual access to the entire board. 

So it looks like one can share entire board but not an individual list or card within a list. 

Like # people like this
jriley-es August 10, 2022

This is an obvious feature. Would love to know where it is in the queue, if it is at all.

Like # people like this
jenna scott August 12, 2022

Also needing this feature. Wonder why it hasn't yet been addressed? Is there some kind of technical hurdle?

Like # people like this
Carter August 19, 2022

I am also wondering why this hasn't been addressed.  Seems  basic and  tremendously useful feature to implement.  I understand the workaround and appreciate that, but really confusing how this capability is missing from Trello after this many years.  What am I missing?

Like # people like this
Alejandro Hernández October 17, 2022

I'm shocked this still doesn't work. 

Like # people like this
Pekka Roilas October 18, 2022

Why is this still unresolved? 4 Years and multiple requests but nothing has happened. Please fix this!

Like Christian Brunner likes this
Georgina Barrett November 14, 2022

Agreed, please add this feature @Caity 

Like # people like this
Christian Brunner November 17, 2022

Please add this feature.

Fraser Booth December 14, 2022

+1

getMindFlows_com March 24, 2023

I've been waiting for this feature FOREVER!!! 

In addition to a lot of the other, obvious reasons for the importance of this feature there's also this: 

Sometimes, a board can end up being huge. I want to make the first list and card a table of contents to each list.

Like # people like this
Carter March 24, 2023

GetMindFlows - and others - I would suggest giving up on 'waiting', doesn't seem like anyone from Atlassian is interested in responding about this, I don't know if it is even on their roadmap.

Move on to Notion, way superior and the dev team is on top of things. Better product, better support, and this linking is possible and easy.

Like # people like this
Michael Köhler August 4, 2023

I see, since 2018 the feature is not implemented :-(
The long comment-list is self explaining. I wish also that feature. So what's the problem to do it?

1 vote
Gabriel October 31, 2023

Strong advocate for Trello for years but slowly moving to Notion as Basic features like this and other things are still being not implemented along with : searches in checklists (impossible), undoing delete of a checklist, color of a list, and so on and so on. Tired of spending hours to find a solution to things like that. 
I'm slowly educate myself with Notion and i find it incredibly powerful and flexible. 

1 vote
Nicky Woods June 21, 2023

+1 for the ability to link to a list - surely it can't be that difficult that it needs years of development.

@Caity 

1 vote
Claire STone November 30, 2022

I agree - being able to share a link to a list seems like a feature that is something that should be there!

0 votes
jenna scott December 7, 2023

Ok it seems the most productive action here is a move over to Notion!!

Flávia Cassiola
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 18, 2024

yes!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events