How do I set up a project template in Trello?

Alison_Fletcher July 15, 2019

I want to be able to set up a project template that is a timeline (process), and only change one date (campaign launch date) and then Trello updates the deadline dates accordingly along the timeline.

Each stage of the project is a list. Each list contains cards that are the tasks to be completed. I want all deadline dates to be updated. Is this possible?

I manage multiple projects within Trello that overlap each other depending on the stage of the timeline (process), and the live date.

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2019

@Alison_Fletcher I've done this for a client using Trellinator. Basically all the dates in the template board have dates that indicate the offset for each task, then when the board is copied the difference from the initial card and today's date is applied as an offset to all the other cards on the board. It's a bit complicated and there are some details that would depend on the specific of your implementation, but it can certainly be done. You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2019

@Alison_FletcherUnfortunately, Trello doesn't offer this as an in-built feature.

However, I could imagine that this can be created with either the Butler Power-Up or one of the 3rd party tools that have a good selection of Trello actions (like Zapier, Integromat, etc.)

It's a bit of a workflow you have to think through to make it work, but my first guess is that it is possible.

Alison_Fletcher July 15, 2019

Thanks for your feedback @Katrin Anger 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events