Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove the time from "Due Date" on a card?

Kristi Espineira August 14, 2018

I would like the option of an "all day" due date on cards, rather than a specific time. Right now, the time defaults to 12:00 pm - I've tried just removing the time and saving the card, but it just defaults right back. 

Can't find anything about this in Trello help docs or here...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kristi

44 answers

1 accepted

21 votes
Answer accepted
MW February 24, 2022

This is really important to me too. I have my Trello due dates shared with my work Outlook calendar, and with the times included with each card, I can't even see the important stuff. I can only see the times on my Outlook calendar, with no information about the item. I actually might have to drop Trello if we can't remove the times, because I simply can't even see the things I am supposed to be doing.

Kristi Espineira February 24, 2022

As you can see, I posted this in 2018 and no answer yet from the Atlassian team. :-(

Like Graham Barratt likes this
Iva Navrátilová December 27, 2022

Still no progress in this quite small but important feature I guess, right? Isn't it working at least in pro-version?

Jeremy DeBarry May 17, 2023

I am late to the party, but this would be great.

Sierra Eberly July 15, 2023

Is this seriously still not a feature? I can manually remove the time to each card, but that seems rediculous to have to do - is there not an option to add due dates without a time yet?? 

Like # people like this
Trisch Greschner October 9, 2023

@Sierra Eberly "I can manually remove the time to each card"
How are you doing that? This time thing is driving me mental

Sierra Eberly October 9, 2023

Apparently, I wasn't and can't. When you manually delete the time, it defaults to the time you saved the card. I thought it would keep it blank. 

I'm just astonished that this is still an issue, with so many people complaining about it. Seems like an easy fix? Super annoying!!

24 votes
Mike March 23, 2020

Bringing this back up - is there still no way to have a due date without a time? This is pretty basic functionality on various other to-do  apps/services. 

19 votes
Parker Ong August 18, 2019

I need this feature too. I have tasks that I need to accomplish within the day but no specific time to complete. I'm looking forward to this enhancement. Thanks!

18 votes
Lael February 22, 2021

This sucks. Atlassian, please make the due date without due time available. I need this feature mostly so my sync to Google calendar shows up as all-day events, which is the desired state.

Jacob Vizcarra April 17, 2021

ETA on this feature?

Like Eboni A_ Johnson likes this
8 votes
Deleted user September 27, 2020

Bringing this back up once again. Is it that hard to remove the time stamp?

7 votes
Jim Meyer December 21, 2021

The first request in this thread is from August of 2018. I get the feeling no one is listening. Atlassian? Are you there? Do you pay attention to these threads?

Kristi Espineira December 21, 2021

I'm pretty sure they don't! I'm the original poster - I get an update every time someone comments here (which is actually pretty often). I even got a badge for being one of Atlassian's "top contributors" due to the all responses to this request, which is pretty hilarious  😆 

Maybe if we keep posting/commenting we'll trigger some attention?

Like # people like this
4 votes
Arwid Littmarck October 29, 2020

Please add this feature. The time stamps are totally messing up my calendar.

3 votes
Margarette Homan July 9, 2021

I recently started using Trello and began adding dates, so easy.  My manager wanted a report on certain dates but without the time stamp... of course I said NP.. this should be easy to format a date w/out time.  

But that does not seem the case.  Perhaps, I missed an update from the Atlassian team on this topic/enhancement request. 

ATLASSIAN Team - when will this feature be completed?  It makes no sense for date to have timestamp.  

Idea: have two different choices: create date w/time stamp and without. 

Look forward to hearing back. 

2 votes
Kelly Amann May 23, 2023

Aww come on guys…just make it a card setting or even a global setting.  Date without the time, in fact, make it default to date only and make the time stamp an additional feature. Selection for those who need it.  You can do this, really, not that hard.  My high school student programmer could write this code. Bring those programmers in and help them see the light….it’s a small ask….let’s do this!!!

Kristi Espineira May 23, 2023

I agree, it's not that hard. But, five years after posting this question, I seriously doubt that they care enough to make this change. Sad, because it's so simple.

Kelly Amann May 23, 2023

This is how Asana does it….  You have to actually add the times.  This makes real sense.  I guess we will all need to switch to Asana since Trello staff is so incompetent.IMG_5325.jpeg

2 votes
Kelly Amann May 23, 2023

Hey Atlassian management.  I think your programmers are asleep at home in their pajamas. See, working from home is not always more productive.  Bring them back in to add this feature of removing the time stamp.  Believe you me, the whole world does not set up projects based on a specific time in the day, 3 months from now, but rather the date itself.  Is this product a tiny glorified task list or a robust project management software.  Please decide what you want to be.

Shazid Rahman September 20, 2023

yeah

2 votes
Bailey Barkley September 1, 2022

Another vote for this feature.  It should be an easy fix! 

2 votes
Michael Thomas June 22, 2022

Another vote for this feature

2 votes
Justin Hoover March 12, 2021

I agree. This is a feature that would be very welcome. I spend more time managing the time so it is the end of the day. Kind of annoying.

2 votes
Eboni A_ Johnson February 15, 2021

+1 for this feature.  This seems a simple enough feature to implement -- especially since users keep asking for it.  Can you at least tell us WHY you're not considering this idea rather than just ignoring us?

kespineira February 15, 2021

It's been over two years since I posted this.... would love to see this happen!!!

Like Eboni A_ Johnson likes this
Eboni A_ Johnson February 15, 2021

I seriously wonder what the holdup is, and why Atlassian is so unresponsive.

2 votes
Paul January 18, 2021

I also strongly encourage making this work. The synched calendar is not much use with a particular time. This limitation is the main thing putting me off using trello more.

Paul February 10, 2021

Can I just reiterate that this simple - trivial feature - should be implemented ASAP ? Business class is expensive enough to not have such basic features and having me considering using the Python api to strip out these times. 

2 votes
vanreyes November 11, 2020

atlassian is really really bad at delivering requested updates, we had once request a feature for bitbucket last 2012 and until now its not yet sorted lol. Anyways, I need this too. 

2 votes
imjn November 11, 2020

I need this too! Because when I sync with my calendar, it becomes messed up with the unexpected due time.

2 votes
Antonia Caulfield-Kerney October 20, 2020

Another vote for this feature!

1 vote
Karsten Müller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 9, 2024

1+ for this. It’s really annoying that there’s no way to use dates without time.

1 vote
Rebecca Bryan October 6, 2023

It's baffling to me that in 2023 there isn't just a checkbox for all day/display time. Not even a time dropdown so I have to type in a meaningless time, which is confusing for everyone.

1 vote
Kelly Amann May 23, 2023

IMG_5325.jpeg

1 vote
Anne H May 23, 2022

Another vote for this feature!

1 vote
Deleted user October 15, 2021

Need to have: Another vote for option of Full Day (no time) Due Date on cards. Nice to have: Start Date --> Due Date, All Day events, so we can see a timeline view in our calendars.

1 vote
Duke Kittisiri August 31, 2021

+1 vote

1 vote
Jennifer Matotek May 20, 2021

Removing the time is essential - I really want to output my board in excel format and it's such a hot mess to look at with the times included. PLEASE STOP WITH THE TIME. I'M DYING. (not really but like, kind of, inside.)

Bob Lieberman June 19, 2021

I just started using Trello again after a couple of years. Needed this feature and disappointed by its lack. Came to the community, and that’s when I realized Trello was now owned by Atlassian.

That explains everything!

Jeremy DeBarry May 23, 2023

Same here - just came back to Trello as I start a new position and discovered this surprising problem on day 1

1 vote
Milo BC May 5, 2021

Another vote on this feature from me, really need this so my calendar works as desired. I'm using the Calendar power-up. Is there an ETA? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events