Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove my Trello account password?

Ondřej_Palovský November 15, 2018

I used to login with Google to Trello and accidentally used the "forgot password" and added a password to my account.

How do I revert to using only the Google login and remove my Trello password? I cannot seem to find the option in settings. There is only "change password", which does not have the option to remove it.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ondřej_Palovský November 24, 2018

I discussed the issue with Trello Support and got this response:

Removing the password stored on the account isn't something that we currently offer the ability to do in-product, and it's a type of account modification that our team recommends not doing from our side either for potential side effects.

Would you feel comfortable with generating an extremely long and secure password, and then changing the local Trello password to that? After changing it, you could discard the password, so that no copy of it is saved anywhere, and you don't know it. Would that work for you?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2018

Thanks for sharing Ondřej, greatly appreciated. 

0 votes
Hotel Runo September 21, 2021

Здраствуйте,нажала нечайно востановить,весь трелло пропал,и стал синим.Как все востановить.Пароль не помню?

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2018

This happened to me a few months ago, I actually had to add a Trello password as google sign-in was blocked on the network I was using. Log out of Trello and try to login using your google login, and see if it let's you in. You may want to keep your Trello password on there as second way to login if you encounter a situation like I did.

Let me know if this works for you.

Jodi

Ondřej_Palovský November 15, 2018

Google login lets me in fine, that is not an issue. But I want to remove the password, since I do not want another opening in my account's security. I can easily re-add it again if ever google login is blocked on some company firewall I use.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2018

I tried out multiple things but nothing worked. You may need to go through Trello Support for this: https://trello.com/contact so they can remove it manually.

Thanks,
Jodi

Like Ondřej_Palovský likes this
Ondřej_Palovský November 16, 2018

ok sent. I will attach here what they respond if it shall be relevant.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2018

That would be great, thanks so much Ondřej 

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2018

Hi Ondřej , any news from support on how to remove your password?

Thanks and talk to you soon,

Jodi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events