Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I remove my Trello account password?

I used to login with Google to Trello and accidentally used the "forgot password" and added a password to my account.

How do I revert to using only the Google login and remove my Trello password? I cannot seem to find the option in settings. There is only "change password", which does not have the option to remove it.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I discussed the issue with Trello Support and got this response:

Removing the password stored on the account isn't something that we currently offer the ability to do in-product, and it's a type of account modification that our team recommends not doing from our side either for potential side effects.

Would you feel comfortable with generating an extremely long and secure password, and then changing the local Trello password to that? After changing it, you could discard the password, so that no copy of it is saved anywhere, and you don't know it. Would that work for you?

Thanks for sharing Ondřej, greatly appreciated. 

Здраствуйте,нажала нечайно востановить,весь трелло пропал,и стал синим.Как все востановить.Пароль не помню?

0 votes

This happened to me a few months ago, I actually had to add a Trello password as google sign-in was blocked on the network I was using. Log out of Trello and try to login using your google login, and see if it let's you in. You may want to keep your Trello password on there as second way to login if you encounter a situation like I did.

Let me know if this works for you.

Jodi

Google login lets me in fine, that is not an issue. But I want to remove the password, since I do not want another opening in my account's security. I can easily re-add it again if ever google login is blocked on some company firewall I use.

I tried out multiple things but nothing worked. You may need to go through Trello Support for this: https://trello.com/contact so they can remove it manually.

Thanks,
Jodi

Like Ondřej_Palovský likes this

ok sent. I will attach here what they respond if it shall be relevant.

That would be great, thanks so much Ondřej 

Jodi

Hi Ondřej , any news from support on how to remove your password?

Thanks and talk to you soon,

Jodi

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events