It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I remove my Trello account password?

I used to login with Google to Trello and accidentally used the "forgot password" and added a password to my account.

How do I revert to using only the Google login and remove my Trello password? I cannot seem to find the option in settings. There is only "change password", which does not have the option to remove it.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I discussed the issue with Trello Support and got this response:

Removing the password stored on the account isn't something that we currently offer the ability to do in-product, and it's a type of account modification that our team recommends not doing from our side either for potential side effects.

Would you feel comfortable with generating an extremely long and secure password, and then changing the local Trello password to that? After changing it, you could discard the password, so that no copy of it is saved anywhere, and you don't know it. Would that work for you?

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Nov 24, 2018

Thanks for sharing Ondřej, greatly appreciated. 

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Nov 15, 2018

This happened to me a few months ago, I actually had to add a Trello password as google sign-in was blocked on the network I was using. Log out of Trello and try to login using your google login, and see if it let's you in. You may want to keep your Trello password on there as second way to login if you encounter a situation like I did.

Let me know if this works for you.

Jodi

Google login lets me in fine, that is not an issue. But I want to remove the password, since I do not want another opening in my account's security. I can easily re-add it again if ever google login is blocked on some company firewall I use.

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Nov 16, 2018

I tried out multiple things but nothing worked. You may need to go through Trello Support for this: https://trello.com/contact so they can remove it manually.

Thanks,
Jodi

Like Ondřej_Palovský likes this

ok sent. I will attach here what they respond if it shall be relevant.

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Nov 16, 2018

That would be great, thanks so much Ondřej 

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Nov 23, 2018

Hi Ondřej , any news from support on how to remove your password?

Thanks and talk to you soon,

Jodi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,638 views 15 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you