Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I recover a Trello Board that disappeared on me?

Rob Lofthouse March 20, 2024

I was updating a Board that has an extensive amount of detail, and it went poof right before my eyes! I tried logging back in but Trello no longer recognizes that ID/email/etc.  Has this happened to anyone else?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2024

Hi @Rob Lofthouse 

Is this the only email address you have linked to a Trello account? If not, I'd try logging in with other accounts to see if the boards are linked to them.

You could also check if it's still visible on another device (eg. mobile).

The board could also just be closed - you can try reopening it using these instructions: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/reopening-a-closed-board/

Ste

Rob Lofthouse March 31, 2024

This link doesn't open for me under <email removed> although I have active Boards under that account: 

https://trello.com/u/my/boards

I don't understand why it's so difficult to get someone from Trello/Atlaasian to reopen my <email removed> account. The account I used to open and update the missing board is no longer accessible to me on Trello.

Only someone from Atlassian/Trello can reopen my account to enable me to follow your instructions.

But they don't provide any level of customer service.

Very frustrating! I used to be a big fan of Trello and Atlassian.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2024

Hi @Rob Lofthouse 

I've removed the email addresses from your last response; this is a public forum, best to not post your personal info :)

I'd contact Trello Support for further assistance with this one - you can contact them here: https://trello.com/contact

Ste

I've tried that a couple of times but they do not respond.

Thanks for trying to help out. You are very much appreciated.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2024

I'll mention it to them also, with a link to this question :)

Ste

Thank you Stephen.

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2024

Hi @Rob Lofthouse ,

Thanks for the info, and it looks like there were some duplicate support requests created on our end, that may be causing some triaging issues.

I linked everything together, poked the trello team to take a look, and escalated the following Support request, Look for a reply and follow-up here:

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events