Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I export or backup boards with attachments and associated extensions?

Terry Cutler September 11, 2020

After reviewing information on how to export data, including attachments, I still have a question.   How do I ensure the exported attachments retain their file extensions?

I tested the Export feature yesterday and have admin privileges.  I noticed the option to include attachments states "include raw attachments...".  

For our business purposes, a board could include over 60 attachments, often with 3-5 attachments per card.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2020

@Terry Cutler I'm not familiar with the Trello export feature, where do the raw attachments show up in your export?

Terry Cutler September 12, 2020

See information on Export at https://help.trello.com/article/747-exporting-data-from-trello-1

The attachments appear in sub-directories of the ZIP'ed export file.   See the following example

Trello_export_attachments.png

If I open the attachments directory, theres's listing of files without file extensions (partial screenshot below).   Some of these are PDFs, some are image files, some are logs\output, and so forth.

2Trello_export_attachments.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events