Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I copy boards with the same members/card over when I create a new board.

Production Admin October 27, 2018

We use trello boards for building caravans which means every build has the same cards with the same members allocated to the same tasks. I want to know howto copy the template and still retain the members names on the cards. I am aware that it can't be done at the moment and there is a way to do it through ButlerBot. Just wondering if anyone knows how to do this. There are up to 70 names that need to be copied over. I am creating these boards every 2 days and it is very time consuming recopying the cards over once I have added the names to the board (through ButlerBot)

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Crystal Davis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2018

Hi Shereen,

Crystal from Trello Support here.

I think I have a workaround that can help! You can create a list of all of the board members email addresses or usernames in a separate program like Word or a Trello card. From there, once a board is created you can copy the member's information and paste it in the "Invite member" section of the board. This can help cut down the time it takes to add those members. 

Once that's done, you can copy a list and then move it to your new board. This will retain the members on the cards so you wouldn't have to add them again. If you have any additional questions please feel free to reach out to us directly and we'd be happy to help! https://trello.com/contact

Production Admin October 29, 2018

Hi Crystal, 

Thanks but I already have already created a team in Trello of all these members like you suggest and I can easily copy them over to the board however the members on the CARDS do not copy over when I copy the board. I need a way for the members to remain on EACH CARD when I copy the board

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events