Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I copy all cards assigned to me in other boards to my weekly to do board

Corinne Taves June 3, 2020

I want to take all boards assigned to me throughout all trello boards and have them automatically placed under my first kist in my own weekly trello list

2 answers

2 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2020

Hi @Corinne Taves ,

Welcome to the community!

Copying cards, lists, or boards

You can copy pretty much anything in Trello, making it really useful to re-use existing cards, checklists, lists, and boards.

Cards

Open a card and select "Copy" from the right sidebar under "Actions." After clicking copy, you can name the copied card, choose what you want to keep when it's copied and where you would like to copy the card to.

Copy a card: pick what to keep and where it goes.

Lists

Copying a list will copy all of the cards on that list into a new list, including the checklists, attachments, and comments from the original cards. To copy a list, click the context menu in the top right of the list and choose "Copy List." When a list is copied, we'll copy card descriptions, attachments, and comments. We won't copy card history/activity (like when a card was moved between lists). 

Copy a list and all of its cards.

Boards

You can even copy entire boards! Open the board's menu, then click "More" and choose "Copy Board." When a board is copied, we'll copy cards and their descriptions. We don't copy comments or card activity, however. If you want a "full copy" of the board, the best bet is to copy each list individually, and move it to your new board. You might also check to see if you want to  change the board admins, or move the board to a new team, instead.

Copy an entire board.

Bonus! Checklists on Cards

You can also copy just the checklists on cards. When you go to add a checklist, there's an option to "Copy Items From," which will let you copy any other checklist on your board.

Copy checklist items from another checklist on the board.

See Also

Mari Strand Cary June 6, 2020

I've had the same need/question since MOVING the cards is not effective (the way we use Trello), nor is COPYING the cards. I found a clunky workaround with plug-ins, but really wish an in-Trello solution was available. I do not think this post answers the actual question as the post suggests making copies/NEW cards. What is needed for a to-do list are "virtual cards"....or an "alias" (in mac finder language) that's super simple to activate and navigate to/from. Otherwise all my time is spent organizing trello instead of doing the work. Vision: I have 10 boards that are NOT managed with timelines/due-dates/etc. Each week, I'm willing to go through those 10 boards and flag cards that I need to work on this week. I want to SEE all those cards I've flagged in one place with no extra work (e.g., I'd like there to be a native "flagged as to do this week" board) and I want any edits to the cards to be on the actual, source cards (not on copies!). I would be willing to click on one of those aliases (virtual cards) and be taken to the "real/source" board to do the card edits as long as I can, with one click, get back to my to-do list board.

I've moved back to paper to-do lists because I can scan all my tasks and choose (and sadly, rewrite) a list for the day. But I really WANT to use trello again! PLEASE add this feature!

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2020

Hi @Corinne Taves & @Mari Strand Cary ,

First of all you have to filter those cards you need to copy to another board then sync those cards to another board.

For more information : https://blog.trello.com/trello-unito-power-up

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2020

@Mari Strand Cary I agree, the "Cards" view shows you all the cards you're a member of, but you can't move them around so if you want to prioritise things you always end up using due dates which is super slow to update.

This is the exact vision I had when I created BenkoBoard:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard 

but it still copies cards and links to them when you're added as a member (it also unwatches the card so you only get notified about being added to a card, mentioned in a comment and removed from a card). You can, however, click through to the linked card to do the work then get back to the one in your BenkoBoard/Virtual cards view in one click by simply using the back button.

Typically what people do is click to the source card, close that card, then navigate back to their virtual board and try to find the copy, but if you simply click through to the source card, then click your browser's back button (or Cmd+[ on the desktop app) then you go straight back to the copy/virtual card in your board.

But the ideal would just be for Trello's native cards view to be a virtual Trello board where you could move cards around to reprioritise them:

https://help.trello.com/article/819-viewing-all-of-your-cards

Mari Strand Cary June 7, 2020

Thanks to you both. More steps / set-up than I want in both cases, as you know, I'm sure you simplified them as much as you could as add-ons/integrations.

Yes, Unito is what I found as my workaround. But my 14-day trial expired before I had a chance to try it. COVID has made me busier...no free time to try new systems beyond paper/pencil and especially to decide if they'll work for me in "real life" if/when that returns and/or if I'm willing to spend on it :( But I'll keep it in mind!

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2020

@Corinne Taves you might like this integration I created which creates something like a "virtual cards view" by adding a linked card for any card you're added to:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events