Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the name of a board? (Does not seem to behave as Help says it should!)

Nick Lumb August 31, 2020

The Help system says:

"To edit a board's title, open the board and click on the title in the top-left of the board. Once you do so, a dialog will appear, allowing you to edit the current title. Clicking "Rename" will save any updates you make, or save the current title if you make no changes"

This does not seem to work; LMB does nothing and RMB gives the options Copy and Paste?

How to I change a board name please?

(I did have inline pictures in the email version of this I sent, but although this new system says "include relevant screenshots" my pictures have not been included!)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2020

@Nick Lumb are you an admin of the board?

Nick Lumb September 2, 2020

Aaah!  My website designer created this board, so no I am not an admin! 

Thank you Iain 😊

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2020

Hi @Nick Lumb ,

Welcome to the community!

First of all, to change the name of a Trello board, open the board, then top-left corner you will see the name of the board, just click on it and change the name of the board whatever you want.

If still not able to change the name then ask trello support HERE

0 votes
usuario1JiraTutoriales September 11, 2021

Hi, this video shows you how to do it: 

How do I change the name of a board 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events