Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add Butler variables in a date field?

Ryan Ramirez January 24, 2022

Hi! I've seen this other question regarding entering variables into the command builder, but I'd like to know if this is also possible with the date fields.

Essentially what I'd like to do is to set up a scheduled command that would create a card on the fifth working day of each month, and then set the due date of that card to ten calendar days after it's been created. Is this even possible with the command builder [custom fields are out of the question for now]?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hi @Ryan Ramirez and welcome to Community!

I don't think you can schedule a Butler rule to run each month on the fifth working day, you can either trigger it on the first working day or on the fifth day. You can set the due date though:

every month on the 5th, create a new card with title "This is my new card" in list "To do", and set due in 10 days

Hope this helps!

- Manon

Hi Manon, thanks for that, looks like it's not possible that way.

How about this -- is there any way I can set a due date with respect to the start date? Cause I think I can create a card on trigger and (as part of the actions) set the start date of that card to five working days after the command is triggered.

After that, is there any way to take that start date value, and then set the due date to be 10 (calendar) days from that start date? Trying right now through a separate rule but I'm getting stuck.

Thanks!

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

I can't find a way to set a start or due date 5 working days after anything. This may work though:

every month on the 5th, create a new card with title "This is my new card" in list "To do", and set due the next working day

You may have to adjust it, I'm not sure if "the next working day" can be the current date or if it is the next day like tomorrow. So you may have to trigger it on the 4th and not on the 5th.

Like Ryan Ramirez likes this

Hi Manon, that's brilliant. I think that'll lead to something. I just have to figure out how to make the command+rule combo work, as the rule seems to execute instantaneously, even before the agent is able to set the due date on the card, resulting in a Card has no due date error. I'll just take that on separately.

Thanks for your help!

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

Glad it helped! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events