Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use the variable days in list on Butler report?

Giles_Camargo March 13, 2020

Hi everyone!
I want to make a report showing how many days the card is in the list.
I'm using this pattern
- [{cardname}]({cardlink}) - Days in list: {carddaysinlist} \n

But unfortunately the report isn't work as I want.

Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks so much!

7 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2020

Hi all,

Thanks, Mark, for bringing this to our attention—​I did a little digging, and unfortunately, this is expected. There are a handful of variables that are extremely taxing on Trello's API, so they aren't available for use in reports, specifically.

{carddaysinlist} is one of those, but I'm especially sorry that this isn't documented anywhere on help.trello.com. Our team is fixing that as we speak. Moving forward, we'll keep looking into other ways that we might be able to get this working for reports too.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2020

@Giles_Camargo since @Mike has confirmed this isn't available, if it's something you still want to achieve something like this Trellinator function will do it:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/8e0b962ff1a3a1ea599df8db7ccee5bd

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

1 vote
Jeffrey Hubbard March 25, 2020

I'm having the same issue this morning.

My output shows a blank:

Days card has been in this list: <<result should be here>>

code : Days in List: {carddaysinlist}\n\n

I suspect this isn't avail for reports 

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2020

@Giles_Camargo What output are you getting from the report? 

Mark D March 25, 2020

@Iain Dooley can you confirm and/or validate that using the pattern Giles provided actually works?  Or can you provide an example pattern with this variable that does work?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2020

@Mark D I don't have a paid plan so I can't test it

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2020

@Mark D oh actually I can test it by creating a card and setting the description to the variable instead of sending an email. Indeed none of the card*inlist variables seem to be set. Seems like a job for support@trello.com what do you think @Torben_trello ?

Like Jeffrey Hubbard likes this
Mark D March 27, 2020

Just in case, I submitted something to support@trello.com.  We're on enterprise so hopefully that speeds things up.  Thanks for your help all -- I'll let you know what I find out.

I'm surprised that community leaders aren't automatically given business-class or enterprise-type access.  Can't Atlassian do something better here for their community supporters?

0 votes
Giles_Camargo March 29, 2020

Hi @Iain Dooley!
I appreciate your attention.
I`m a business analyst and I will send this topic for our developer team!

Thanks!

Gerardo Blitzer May 5, 2020

Hello. When can we expect a fix or an workaround? It is a key piece of information.

Thank you.

0 votes
Giles_Camargo March 26, 2020

Hi everyone!
What do I want to do? I want to show how many days the card is in the current list. For exemple: I moved a card to the list WAITING FOR two days ago. In my report i want to show that the card is stoped there for two days.

thank you all!

0 votes
Mark D March 25, 2020

I'm having the same issue.  I think a key use case for reports is expediting items that are stale in the list.  Outside of an assigned deadline -- I would think time-in-list would be a critical variable.

Jeffrey Hubbard March 27, 2020

Thanks Mark. I hadn't had time to submit yet..

Jeff

oops replied to wrong reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events