Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I sync two checklists in the same board?

Fábio Hagiwara September 3, 2021

Hi,

My question might be a little strange but how can I sync two lists with the same checklist in the same board? In a way that if I check one item from the checklist in list A the same item will be checked in list B and vice-versa.

imagem_2021-09-03_185359.png

Like this, if I check the item B in the left checklist, the item B will be checked in the right checklist.

FYI I'm using "Show checklist" Power-Up to display the itens in the card preview.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2021

As Milynnus mentioned, you would need the cards to be linked together so that Butler can find the correct card/check-item and complete it. The rule would look something like this:
Screenshot 2021-09-07 153516.png

I would also consider looking at automating the part that links the cards together so Butler is able to look up the relevant checkitem - so creating a separate rule that automates the checklist item being added to the card and adding the link. As Milynnus suggested, it may cause looping, so you'd have to keep that in mind when creating the rule. Something like this could work:
Screenshot 2021-09-07 154323.png

Fábio Hagiwara September 6, 2021

Thanks, your first rule worked exactly the way I wanted. I didn't know that I could use {checklistitemname} to get the the item's name so I wasn't able to find a way around.

1 vote
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2021

@Fábio Hagiwara 

(Note below is based what is in the documentation. I have not actual coded on but have a sync custom power up that handles this and for other components of a card)

The trigger for checklist item include (1) when it is checked or unchecked (2) item is added or removed, For this cases, you can probably do it with native Trello automation provided (1) the cards are linked so that it can find the corresponding item on the other card. This would include exact name  matched (2) you probably need to have all the combinations of action added as commands (3) you have to ensure that you do not go into loop such that one check triggers an action back and forth.

There are other power up from Unito could this for you.

Fábio Hagiwara September 3, 2021

TY for the reply.

I couldn't make it work with your explanation, I'm trying to find a solution all over the community but with no success.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2021

@Fábio Hagiwara 

No worries. Unless you have explored automation, it is quite natural that you would have some difficulty.

In summary, you will probably have to try a paid Power Up to handle this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events