Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I search for and highlight a specific word in comments within a card?

Gaetano May 1, 2020

Within a card with many comments I would like to find important words.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2020

Hi @Gaetano ,

First of all welcome to the group!

If you'd like to search for a specific keyword on a comment, you can go to the search bar in Trello and type comment:typekeywordhere.

That will show you the card where the comment appears. While the comment won't be highlighted, as a workaround, you can click on CMD+F on your keyboard to open up your browser's search bar. Then you can type in your keyword and you'll be able to find it. 

You can check this article to see other search locators that can be used in Trello: http://help.trello.com/article/808-searching-for-cards-all-boards

SlyCooperFan1 (inactive)
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2020

This is not working as intended. It's not searching comments properly, it seems to be searching descriptions instead.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2020

@Gaetano if you use the web version of the app you can just do it with good old cmd+f/ctrl+f text search on the page

Gaetano May 4, 2020

thank you very much, your advice was very important.

Gaetano March 14, 2021

But when I search for the word on the mobile App, what can I do?

0 votes
Patrick van Hoeijen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 13, 2021

When I use CTRL-F in the web browser version of Trello and search for a word used in a comment on a card, it does not work; it only works when the card is opened.
When I use Jump To on the upper left side it finds the words I search for and shows the cards where it is found. However, If I just type a part of the word, it doesn't work either: how can I search for that, using for example an *?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

@Patrick van Hoeijen if you want to find words in comments on all cards not just those you have open, you can use the "comment:" modifier in the search feature:

https://help.trello.com/article/808-searching-for-cards-all-boards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events