Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove a guest from a board

Klaas September 28, 2020

There is a work-around by first promoting them to member and then taking them down but that is surely not the way it should be?

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Klaas September 28, 2020

Indeed Michael, (not able to click on their profile ...),

hence my question on this forum and the work-arounds found (first promote guest to member and then remove the member..)

And yes, we agree - it should not be different, but it is for members vs. guests. 

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2020

Are you an admin of the board?

Klaas September 28, 2020

yes

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2020

Can you paste a screenshot of what you see when you try to remove a guest from a board?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
September 29, 2020

When you say "not able to click on their profile" can you give me more info? 

I tried to reproduce and I get the drop down for a guest just like this picture shows:

https://help.trello.com/article/779-removing-a-member-from-a-board#:~:text=To%20remove%20a%20member%20from,select%20%22Remove%20from%20Board%22.

Klaas September 29, 2020

Thanks Michael - I did the work-around (promote to Member, then delete).

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
September 28, 2020

Wouldn't you just be able to click on their profile image and select "remove from board"?

https://help.trello.com/article/779-removing-a-member-from-a-board#:~:text=To%20remove%20a%20member%20from,all%20cards%20on%20the%20board.

It shouldn't be any different for a team member or non-team member (i.e. guest).

Klaas September 28, 2020

Not without disclosing information I rather would not. Please note there is not an error of any kind, it is not an option. 

0 votes
Iiro Kaksonen March 15, 2021

The quick fix does not work.

1) from board's guest members -list i can press the remove button, the user disappears. When refreshing the page the user is back in the list. Browser's dev console says "unauthorized permission requested" but the UI does not show any error messages

2) i can press add to team -button. The user is moved to team members -list. I can press the remove user button from there -> the user is back in guest members list.

I DONT WANT to pay any extra since this is buggy. I would purchase a license if this wouldn't be so buggy. Trello have been live like 10 years and I cant remove guest from my boards. I see that very big SECURITY RISK.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
March 15, 2021

Can you contact support at https://trello.com/contact so we can figure out why you can't remove the guest?

Klaas March 15, 2021

I deleted him through the fix as described above in Sep last year

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events