Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I prevent auto-logout in Trello?

erikblake August 6, 2020

Since the merger with Atlassian, Trello has started automatically logging out after a short period of inactivity (30 minutes?) This did not used to happen, and it has rendered Trello almost useless (more time is spent logging in than is spent using Trello).

Is there a solution to this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2020

Hii @erikblake ,

Welcome to the community!

Trello doesn't work like that.. There might be some other apps/extensions/scripts that might be working on your device or network that is causing this problem.

1. If using app -> uninstall and re-install it from app store/play store/windows store and login again!

2. if using browser - > clear browsing cache & data. Restart your browser and login again!

follow the above steps will solve your problem.

erikblake August 9, 2020

Unfortunately Soumyadeep, that's exactly how Trello is operating. Your solutions suggest that there is a problem with the way Trello is implemented (cookies, or whatever).

I am accessing my account using a browser (Firefox). The same browser has no problem keeping other cloud-based services logged in, even though I move my laptop to different networks, and through sleep/hibernation.

Trello is a notable exception. If I log into Trello in the morning, at some point later in the day, I'll see that the Trello tab (which I leave open) has changed to "Could not access this board - perhaps it is private" (or something like that) and I have to log in again.

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2020

Ok!

So you can do one thing.. Contact Trello Team by asking Trello support from HERE

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events