Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I interact via Email from Trello with stakeholders?

Chris MM February 3, 2022

I want to notify my stakeholders automatically when a comment has been added and I want their response via Email directly as a comment in Trello. It works in Jira but I cannot get it to work in Trello...

Thanks for your help!!!

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2022

@Chris MM 

The Trello notification scheme is documented here 

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

However, enabling a reply to be returned to the originating card is a bit more challenging.

You check out Trello Email Power Up or Benkoboard to automate around card comments.

I have been using Contalist.

- you can setup a contact category as stakeholders and using their comment automation to send the automation with {cardid} embedded such that with email filtering you can use Trello automation send a copy of the reply content to the card or via some webhook.

- just yesterday I tested their beta SmartLink which you can have a webform embedded in the email that will allow reply and feedback to be sent back to the card. The perfect use case would be for approval/rejection of workproducts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events