Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I filter a board by columns?

Shelly Yair November 6, 2022

I have a board with 20 columns. 

I only need to see 3 of these columns in my day to day work. Is there a way that I can filter only to see these 3 columns? And if possible, I would like to be able to save this filter so that whenever I open the board, I only see those 3 columns. 

Is this possible/???

2 answers

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2022

Hi @Shelly Yair ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

You can't do that btw there is a chrome extetention that allows to hide columns in trello https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/collapsible-trello-lists/kejemfjfgoaekplmemlkjljcfloiemho?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Shelly Yair November 10, 2022

Thanks Fabio. 

Does this just hide the columns for myself?
The other people on my team will need to see the other columns. 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2022

Yes, it hide columns just for yourself. Other users have to use the same approach.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2022

Hi @Shelly Yair and welcome to the community,

No you can't do exactly what you ask.

However, what you can do, is to create your own board, and open after setting it up, use that instead of the old one and map a) all statuses to just 3 columns, or map a few statuses to these 3 columns. The latter will result in issues not being displayed on your board.

Shelly Yair November 6, 2022

Can you explain what you mean by "map a few statuses to the 3 columns"? 

My issue is that it is a shared board with many other people so I cannot change any of the columns; I just need to see a filtered version with only specific columns. 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ it is Trello and not JIRA

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2022

LoL! Thanx for this @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ . I've been answering so many questions and didn't pay attention that it was about trello!

@Shelly Yair sorry! Only the first part was correct from my answer. The other was about Jira :)

Shelly Yair November 10, 2022

No problem, thanks for clarifying!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events