How can I create a "master"/aggregate list for school?

Patrick Glaze March 26, 2019

Hi all!

I am completely brand new to the community as of today! I'm currently a student and stumbled across this community and am trying to use Trello for my school assignments/important dates/to-do.

So far I have a separate board for each class and a starred board for a combined list of all classes and potentially other non scholastic things I need to do, with applicable due dates. 

• Is it possible to copy all of my assignments/tasks over into the master board?
    • Would it just be easier to manually enter all cards on one board? Can I color-code individual tasks to correspond with the class?
  • When one is moved from an identical category to anther if it will follow on both boards (Such as Assignments ---->Ask prof for help, or Assignments ---->In progress categories I have across all boards)
  • When I delete/archive a card (such as finishing an assignment) will it also remove the corresponding card on the other board
  • Am I misusing the product? Is there a more efficient way to do this?

Sorry, realized I typed a narrative!

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2019

@Patrick Glaze my recommendation would be to put everything on one board and use lists and labels to differentiate between classes and states.

For example if you have lists that designate that something is waiting to be processed or whether you've started working on it, then label cards with class names, you can quickly and easily filter to see all card for a particular class, then you can also enable the Calendar power up and quickly switch to the calendar view to see things that are due in the next month.

As soon as you go beyond a single board, you start to need more complicated solutions that aren't very well suited to your use case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events