How can I create a Butler rule to email a specified email address when a certain label is added?

Fallon Scoggins January 16, 2021

How can I create a Butler rule to email a specified email address when a certain label is added?

Specifically, when I add a label to a card "Tim"- it will email the contents of the card to "Tim@gmail.com- in this example, Tim is not a Trello member.

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2021

@Fallon Scoggins 

You should try a simple card lookup and see if it works. 

I couldn't quite figure out how to make the card lookup work to send out an email.

I did find a way to send a notification to a specified email address when a label was added through Butler but couldn't figure out how to put content in the email from information the card- any ideas for that?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2021

@Fallon Scoggins 

when the green "A" label is added to a card in list "Doing", lookup a card titled "{labelname}" in list "Temp List", and send an email notification to "{foundcarddescription}" with subject "A Label Added" and message "How Are you"

Thanks for this- do you think there is a way to change the message from static text "How are You" to something pulled directly from the card?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2021

@Fallon Scoggins 

Certainly, embed from {triggercard....} or from {foundcard...} into the email body read this https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables

Can the above apply to CF? and if you use {{%CF_Text}} after your "lookup/find card..." what are you expecting? Try it. You learn best that way.

Perfect-this worked-and thanks for sharing all other variables. Super helpful!!

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2021

Hi @Fallon Scoggins ,

I just tried to reproduce it.

Unfortunately it isn't currently possible to use the email from the specific card in a Butler rule. 

I will be happy, if someone will provide a solution :) and my investigation was incorrect

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events