Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I check the email that my members have in a workspace?

Juan Carlos Carrera October 17, 2023

How can I check the email that my members have in a workspace?

I would like to know if a member from a private workspace that I added can see every card that I do, even if I don't tag them.

I was trying to add another of my Emails, but I realized I could not see which email I use as another member.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Oliver S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2023

Hi Juan, welcome to the community!

I imagine you're wanting to know whether it's possible to see a user's email address, rather than just their Trello username?

While you can invite someone using their email address, it is as designed that only the username appears (mainly for privacy reasons).

Are you able to provide more insights on what you're trying to figure out? For example, if you invite someone to a Workspace - they can see all Workspace visible boards and the cards within that.

If you invite someone to a board/s as a guest, they can see every card on the board. Although as a guest, they can't see the other boards that sit within that Workspace.

Hope this helps, but let me know if I'm misunderstanding your question.

Juan Carlos Carrera October 26, 2023

Yes, I was wanting to know whether it's possible to see a user's email address, rather than just their Trello username?

The reason why was because I was trying to experience what other users can see in a private workplace.

Is there any way that only  trello members can see only what I write in a card that I add them, or they always can see all the cards in the Workspace? 

The main reason that I ask is because I would like to put my personal goals and my daily work to do that I created in a list, private from other checklist that I have for my workers. I am guessing that the only way if there is any alternative  having a private card in a list that others members can't see is to create a new Workspace for my personal task and goals. But the reason that I wanted to be in one Workspace is because I don't have to be switching from one another when my daily activities are together with my workers. 

Thanks in advance  for any clarification  or suggestion 🙏🏻 

Oliver S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2023

Hi Juan,

It's not possible to see a user's email address rather than their username.

With regards to your 2nd question:

If you invite someone to a Workspace, they see all 'Workspace visible' boards within that Workspace: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/inviting-people-to-a-workspace/. If there was a board you didn't want all members to see, you could set the visibility to private so only those added to that board would see the content: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/changing-the-visibility-of-a-board/

If you invite someone to a board, they can see all cards on the board: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/board-guests/. At the present time, it's not possible to have per card permissions. There is a feature request which I've passed on your feedback to.

Rather than maintaining multiple Workspaces (which contain boards), my suggestion would be to have your one Workspace - and then have a separate board for your personal work, and a separate one for your work work. That way, you can manage access separately and make sure only you see the personal board.

Juan Carlos Carrera October 27, 2023

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it 🙏🏻. 

I strongly suggest Trello consider having card permissions option. I have different departments. I have to spend time everyday with different departments on the same time I have my personal goals and my professional goals and and I have to split them in my work day time.

Because most of the time you have to mix personal life with work, and everything you do in a day goes in the same calendar 📅,  you should have the option to choose what you want other people to see and what they can't see.

I think trello customers would like the idea because we all have personal life and we all have to mix work and personal live in 24h a day.

Most of the best-selling books that talk about productivity mention that you should do the 3 most important goal of the day and 3 personal goal. And this is how you balance work and personal life.

I easily can do a different board only for myself but it is more difficult to have different work to do list in different board and putting all this in the same calendar.

Hopefully this could been considered and hopefully it won't cost much on the programing part. Overall I can see as an investment to improve your product when there are many softwares like Trello offering the same product.

I would like to add all my board of directors to Trello so they can use they own Workspace because I see the value of this software but I think they would have the same problem.

I still considering Trello overall but I still shopping too for better easy ways.

Thanks 🙏🏻 

0 votes
Joshua Dharmawan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 23, 2024

I need to see member's email address, because we have same user joining the board with two trello ID, because they click and login with different Google ID, in this case, I have to pay more user license... we need to terminate user with un approve email id.

Oliver S
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2024

Hi Joshua,

Your best bet would be to work with the user to confirm which account is associated with each email.

With each account logged in, the user can head to: https://trello.com/u/me to see what username is attached to that account.

You can then remove the unapproved account from the board or Workspace using these steps:

On Trello Premium, you can also set up Workspace membership permissions to determine who can join your Workspace: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/setting-up-your-premium-workspace/

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events