Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I check multiple fields with a Butler board button?

Jay Jarman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2019

I want to make a copy of certain cards if the card meets multiple criteria.  So, for instance, if a card had field A = 3 AND field B = 10, then copy the card to another board.  I can create a board button that will do that for one criterion but can't find how to add an AND or an OR.  Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2019

Unfortunately every rule can only have one trigger, so doing OR's or AND's are typically not possible. Simply use more than one rule. 

However, in your case you can add a filter to the custom field trigger, and that filter can be related to a different custom field. Here's a picture showing what I mean.

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 10.35.57 AM.pngYou would need to create the reverse case as well. "When custom field B is set to 10 in a card with custom field A set to 3...."

Does that help? Let me know if you have more questions or if that doesn't solve your use case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events