How can I change the default time that Trello sets the on the Due Date ?

Rajiv Menon August 26, 2021

Hello, I noticed that Trello auto assigns the time of 12 AM (Midnight) as the default time when I set a Due Date. As a result, my cards are all overdue one minute after midnight. Is there a way to change the default time to another time, lets say 5 PM?

I noticed on some posts online that the default time shown is different for different users so I believe there is a configuration that might be driving this. 

Thanks in advance!...

2 answers

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2021

I'm not sure if there is a setting in Trello that allows you to configure a default due time 🤔 however, I know that Trello uses the last time you set. So if you set a card to be due at 5:00 pm, the time will default to 5:00 pm the next time you set a due date on a card.

KOHESION April 6, 2022

Hello Hannah, this isnt the case for me - I must go in and change the time each time i  make a new card. is there no setting for this do you know?

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

@KOHESION no I don't believe there's a setting for picking the default due time. When I create a new card and set the due date, this is what I see:

due time.gif

So the due time defaults to whatever time was set in the previous card. Does it look different for you?

0 votes
Amber Strawn July 12, 2022

The work around that is working for me is to make an automation rule (Butler). 

This rule makes every card appear at 8 am on my google calendar:

"when a card is added to the board, move the due date by 8 hours"

I am mainly making cards by importing form a spreadsheet using 'Imports by Blue Cat' 

Hope this helps someone else!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events