Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I automatically check a checklist item when this item is a card from another board?

malu.alves August 6, 2020

My english is not perfect, but I´m going to try to explain my question:

I have board ONE with macro project and board TWO with micro activities from there projects.

I´m creating checklist items in board ONE with cards links from board TWO. 

I´m trying to find a way to: 

When a mark a card in board TWO has complete, also mark the checklist item (that is on a card in board ONE) has complete.

Is there a way to do that?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2020

If your cards in Board Two have attachments that link them back to the Board One parent (which is added automatically if they were converted by Butler in the first place) then you can easily have a Rule on Board Two where:

When they are marked complete, Find the first card linked in the attachments, and check the item {triggercardlink}

Even if you don't have an attachment, so long as the cards on Board Two have the url or name of the parent card in Board One somewhere, you can Find it and act on the parent card.

I´ve tried this:

1. When the due date is marked as complete in a card, check item "{triggercardname}"

I got the answerI couldn't find a checklist item called "name of the card".

2. When the due date is marked as complete in a card, check item "{triggercardlink}

I got the answer:  I couldn't find a checklist item called "https://trello.com/c/PDV7RFv2". (this is the card that I've checked as complete). 

And now, I tried your sugesttion:

3. When the due date is marked as complete in a card, find the first card linked in the attachments, and check item "{triggercardlink}"

I got the answer: I couldn't find any card links in the attachments of card https://trello.com/c/PDV7RFv2. (this is the card that I´ve checked as complete). The command finished running.

I think trello looks for this link in the card that I've checked as complete in all 3 options. I´m doing something wrong?

I did not  converted by Butler because I just want some checklistem do be linked, not all. 

I just copied and paste the card link from board TWO in checklist item from board ONE. 

Ok, so now I've created the link using Butler and it worked.

You now if is possible to sync the dates betwen the card and the checklist?

Thanks a lot!!

0 votes
Jillian Amyot _Unito_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 6, 2020

Hi @malu.alves ! If you go through Unito, you can sync the two boards so if you check something off in board 1 it will get checked off in board 2! Here are some links that might help :-)

https://unito.io/blog/sync-trello-cards-with-unito-mirror-power-up-for-trello/
https://unito.io/integration/trello-trello/

I've Business Class Trello. Can I stall unito without any extra cost?

Jillian Amyot _Unito_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 6, 2020

Unfortunately, it would have an additional cost since it's not owned by Trello

I´m brazilian and 1 dollar is equivalent to 5 reais, and we already pay business trello. So I don´t think my boss would like to pay for this right now. But thanks anyway!!

Like Jillian Amyot _Unito_ likes this
Jillian Amyot _Unito_
Marketplace Partner
August 7, 2020

I understand! Good luck with finding your solution :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events