Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Find Source of Duplicated Card?

Luke Mildenhall-Ward July 7, 2020

I have a card that keeps appearing each month on one of my boards and I can’t find the origin of where it’s coming from.

I believe I had originally set it up as a repeating card, but then archived it and the repeating still occurred, even from the archived card.

So I went into my archive to search for it and deleted all cards with that name and yet it still keeps duplicating.

I’ve looked under the “Repeats” powerup menu on the board and it isn’t listed there either.

And yet this card keeps duplicating every month! How can I stop it?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Luke Mildenhall-Ward July 7, 2020

So it seems I’ve solved this myself. I’ll explain in case anyone has the same issue.

I checked the activity based on advice from the “Repeating Cards” trello how to guide, and it said the activity should link to the original card. It didn’t. It just said ”added by Luke”.

I racked my brain then remembered I’d set up an If This Then That automation years ago. I found it and disabled that, so should be solved, finally!

0 votes
Adam Beleko December 12, 2022

In my case, checking activities for "copied [duplicate card name link] from [original card name link] in [list name]", clicking the original card name link and then disabling/removing repeats in that card solved it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events