Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please with implementing auto creation date on cards

Robin Schnitzler November 13, 2019

I saw a terrific post about automating a date when creating new trello cards. However, while I'm tech savvy, I'm completely new to Trello and don't know how to implement this - can someone please guide me?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Visible-Trello-Cards-Creation-Date-Automation/qaq-p/1083244

Here is what this post states:

Q: Is there a way to automate a date marking on trello cards and make it noticable in the same time?

A: When a card is created set the title to "[{date}] {triggercardname}"

Response: Great! Made a rule when the card is created to rename title to suggested "[{date}] {triggercardname}" and it did perfectly what I wanted. Many thanks.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2019

@Robin Schnitzler it's a Butler command. If you click the "Butler" button at the top right of your board you can create rules and buttons etc.

Robin Schnitzler November 14, 2019

Yes, I am aware of Butler, but I've never used this and really need more step-wise guidance.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2019

@Robin Schnitzler okay so what's the trouble you're having in creating this automation with Butler? You click the Button, add a rule and then ... what happens?

Robin Schnitzler November 18, 2019

This is what I've tried. (I have never used Butler before.)

This is not giving me the intended outcome... :(

Robin

trello screen shot 11-18-19.png

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2019

@Robin Schnitzler you've created a card button, which is a custom button that shows up on the card in the same area as "Power Ups" (on the right hand side about halfway down when you click on a card to open it).

What you need to create is a rule, which will trigger when a card is created. The action you have created above looks to be correct, you just need to trigger it using a rule instead of a button (if, for example, you find the button on one of your cards and click it you should see the name change).

Robin Schnitzler November 19, 2019

Thank you.

I am now in the Rule area and don't see a way to add an action.

I'm sorry I'm not getting this quicker...Annotation 2019-11-19 094511.jpg

Robin Schnitzler November 19, 2019

I got it!

Now, I'm wondering if I can change the date format from:

November 19, 2019 to 11/19/19

Thank you.

Like Risqi Ardiansyah likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events