It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Visible Trello Cards Creation Date Automation

Hi! The thing is that in my whole Trello board I am guided by cards creation dates. When I create a new card I always type the creation date in the beginning of card name field like this: [05.15.19]. And I really wish to automate it because that is such a hindrance while I create 10+ cards every day and delete 10+ cards every day. 

Is there a way to automate a date marking on trello cards and make it noticable in the same time?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader May 15, 2019

@Daniel Zubrickiy sure you could use Butler to create a command something like:

When a card is created set the title to "[{date}] {triggercardname}"

Great! Made a rule when the card is created to rename title to suggested "[{date}] {triggercardname}" and it did perfectly what I wanted. Many thanks @Iain Dooley !

Like Iain Dooley likes this

I am completely new to Trello. I'm having trouble figuring out how to implement this terrific solution. Can someone provide step-by-step directions?

Or, if that is too cumbersome, point me in a direction that will help? I really need to get this creation date active on our boards. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,594 views 14 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you