Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visible Trello Cards Creation Date Automation

Daniel Zubrickiy May 14, 2019

Hi! The thing is that in my whole Trello board I am guided by cards creation dates. When I create a new card I always type the creation date in the beginning of card name field like this: [05.15.19]. And I really wish to automate it because that is such a hindrance while I create 10+ cards every day and delete 10+ cards every day. 

Is there a way to automate a date marking on trello cards and make it noticable in the same time?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

@Daniel Zubrickiy sure you could use Butler to create a command something like:

When a card is created set the title to "[{date}] {triggercardname}"

Daniel Zubrickiy May 15, 2019

Great! Made a rule when the card is created to rename title to suggested "[{date}] {triggercardname}" and it did perfectly what I wanted. Many thanks @Iain Dooley !

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Robin Schnitzler November 11, 2019

I am completely new to Trello. I'm having trouble figuring out how to implement this terrific solution. Can someone provide step-by-step directions?

Or, if that is too cumbersome, point me in a direction that will help? I really need to get this creation date active on our boards. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events