Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Having trouble saving a board button. Limit reached?

Having trouble saving a board button. Very simple action to create card from checklist. Can't save, save button is greyed out. I have filled everything out. Is there a limit to the number of board buttons I can have on the free account? I could not find the limit.

1 answer

Hi @Brett Lambert ,

I think you reached the limit!

Please read this article/documentation https://help.trello.com/article/1181-butler-features-and-quotas

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Thank you Soumyadeep,

I checked that out. I had read that earlier. This describes limits for iterations not for setting up the buttons themselves. For example I might be limited to pressing the button 50 times per month, but my issue is I can't save the button and don't know why. The buttons I have set up and automatic reports etc don't come anywhere close to those quotas either so I don't think it is an overall limit I am reaching except if one exists for buttons, but I can't find one.

Thank you,

Brett

Like Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM likes this

Hi @Brett Lambert ,

Those are the same.

Setting button = Creating a rule

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like Shay Hayden likes this

That would mean then that I get 50 per month. I don't even have 50 total. This one, if I could create it , would be #3.

Hi @Brett Lambert ,

You get 50 operations per month if you are a free plan user and if you reach the limit you won't able to rule a command and create a new rule or button.

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like Shay Hayden likes this

Yes, I know. I have 3 buttons, have used them twice maybe, and all my butler items together can't do 50 operations per month (they are all weekly or monthly operations). So why can't I create a new button?

Hi @Brett Lambert ,

If you already have a command for one of the types (Card Button, Board Button, Rules), then you can't create another command of that same type.

Please have a look at this link https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Cannot-create-buttom-with-Butler-in-free-plan/qaq-p/1218313

If you want you can ask Trello support

Like # people like this

Thank you. This was the information I needed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: Your favorite Trello blog takeaway

Hello friends! From the community that brought you Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday and Friday Fun, welcome to Taco Tuesday, a weekly discussion about all things Trello. The best part? One Tac...

338 views 14 12
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you