Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble saving a board button. Limit reached?

Brett Lambert February 1, 2021

Having trouble saving a board button. Very simple action to create card from checklist. Can't save, save button is greyed out. I have filled everything out. Is there a limit to the number of board buttons I can have on the free account? I could not find the limit.

1 answer

4 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Brett Lambert ,

I think you reached the limit!

Please read this article/documentation https://help.trello.com/article/1181-butler-features-and-quotas

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Brett Lambert February 1, 2021

Thank you Soumyadeep,

I checked that out. I had read that earlier. This describes limits for iterations not for setting up the buttons themselves. For example I might be limited to pressing the button 50 times per month, but my issue is I can't save the button and don't know why. The buttons I have set up and automatic reports etc don't come anywhere close to those quotas either so I don't think it is an overall limit I am reaching except if one exists for buttons, but I can't find one.

Thank you,

Brett

Like Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Brett Lambert ,

Those are the same.

Setting button = Creating a rule

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like Shay Hayden likes this
Brett Lambert February 2, 2021

That would mean then that I get 50 per month. I don't even have 50 total. This one, if I could create it , would be #3.

Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2021

Hi @Brett Lambert ,

You get 50 operations per month if you are a free plan user and if you reach the limit you won't able to rule a command and create a new rule or button.

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like Shay Hayden likes this
Brett Lambert February 3, 2021

Yes, I know. I have 3 buttons, have used them twice maybe, and all my butler items together can't do 50 operations per month (they are all weekly or monthly operations). So why can't I create a new button?

Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2021

Hi @Brett Lambert ,

If you already have a command for one of the types (Card Button, Board Button, Rules), then you can't create another command of that same type.

Please have a look at this link https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Cannot-create-buttom-with-Butler-in-free-plan/qaq-p/1218313

If you want you can ask Trello support

Like # people like this
Brett Lambert February 3, 2021

Thank you. This was the information I needed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events