Get slack alert with the card due date - including card name

Rohan Agarwal June 12, 2022

Hello,

I am trying to integrate alerts from my Trello cards into slack. I was able to setup a generic update saying "card is due". I want to do the following:

• Every morning, send a list of Due Cards to a slack channel, which includes the card title. Example message:
    "Good Morning. The cards due today for buildouts are as follows:
    - Card Title 1
    - Card Title 2
    - Card Title 3"
  • Once a card is moved to a separate list for example from the "to-do" list to "doing", send alert to a separate slack channel saying the following"
    - "Hello, the "card title" card is ready for next steps"

I will be happy to answer any further questions to clarify this. I am trying to integrate multiple boards in my organization. Currently playing around with a test board, and test slack channel before looping everyone in. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2022

Hi @Rohan Agarwal ! Check out creating butler reports as well as butler variables. For your first command, it would just be a simple calendar command which includes your report. And for the second command, it would be a trigger-based rule that occurs when a card transitions from "to do" to "doing". 

Rohan Agarwal June 13, 2022

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows 
This is specifying "email reports". I am trying to send a text report to a slack channel that is connected to the workspace. Can You please help with that?

Thanks for the prompt response

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2022

@Rohan Agarwal in the example shown in the guide, they're using the action "send an email notification", so in your case, you would just simply swap that out with "send a slack notification". Let me know if you get stuck with the set up and I can send through some screenshots if that helps :) 

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows . Thank you for your reply. I am really appreciate a few screenshots, as I am getting stuck with the setup. I will be happy to provide any information that you may need for those screenshots. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2022

@Rohan Agarwal what part are you getting stuck on? Here's a screenshot of my command if that helps:

slack report.PNG

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows I cannot figure out where I will input the command? I have attached a screenshot of what I see
12.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2022

@Rohan Agarwal For the first command, it needs to be a calendar command seeing as the trigger is based on a schedule. For the second command, it would be a rule-based trigger.

Here's a basic guide of creating butler commands and you can see how to create rules vs calendar commands: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/creating-and-managing-butler-commands/

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows Thank you. I will work on this, and keep you update. I really appreciate the help. 

Rohan Agarwal June 15, 2022

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows I was able to setup alerts for the upcoming cards using the calendar - butler commands. I am facing the following issue now. I cannot find a way to pull a report of the "past due" cards. Would you be able to help me with this?

Thank you so much for your help and support so far. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events