Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Template use on emails and card creation?

Sam Marrocco March 2, 2021

Is there a method of setting a "default card template", such that the template will be used for ALL card creation by users, including when an emaill is sent to a list/board for a new card?

1 answer

0 votes
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2021

Not exactly a card template, but you can use Butler to add a card description, members, labels, and most other things to a card when it's added.

For example, you could have a rule like:

when a card is added to the board, set the card's description to "**My Template**\n\nthis is a template description, please fill it in!" 
Sam Marrocco March 2, 2021

Yes, I'm currently using butler to 'fill in the default', but all those executions/butlers/commands add up if you use a lot of cards and get a lot of emailed card creation, and that can easily put you over the total execution allotments, hence my thought about using a template that already has all the default added.

This could also be avoided if custom fields allowed for a 'default value', which they do not.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

@Sam Marrocco if you're finding some Butler commands are particularly taxing you can port those to Trellinator. For example this function would populate any card created with checklists, labels, members and description from a template whenever and however it was created:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/94db1528594700f189160d77799ad662

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events