Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter view for linked cards

Ana Cabrera August 25, 2022

Hi, 

I am looking for a filtered view of all cards linked to a master card. I created automation in Butler where I create a master card and a checklist where any item added is converted into a linked card. Then I would like to be able to create a filtered view where I can only see that master card and the linked cards.

I can only see right now to manually tag each card but I am looking for automation instead. 

Every master card is a project and the linked cards are the subtasks. The plan is to have in the board many projects so If I can filter by project, it will be easier to go over them with the team. 

If anyone has any ideas would be appreciated. 

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

@Ana Cabrera how about auto-labeling the linked cards with the parent card name? Your automation rule could incorporate an additional action to label the card - e.g. 

when an item is added to checklist "Tasks", convert the item to a linked card, and add the grey "{triggercardname}" label to the card.

From there, you can just filter your board on that label. 

You might end up with a lot of grey labels though depending on how many parent cards you're working with.
Ana Cabrera August 26, 2022

that works, thanks Hannah!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events