Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Custom Fields

Oakley Anderson July 14, 2021

We use Trello to organize jobs. In the Custom Fields Power Up, it gives options to enter in numbers, text, etc. However, there is no way to use a custom field to tally up numbers in a field. For example, at each job we walk through a house/hotel/etc. and count the number of each product that will be needed. It is inconvenient to have to tap each field and change the number each time it goes up. Is there a custom field that has this ability to tally/add or subtract by simply tapping the - or + sign next to it? If not, who can I contact to possibly get that added to the PowerUp? Like this but with custom named fields:

D68862BF-1F95-4BC3-AC0C-CCFF5825C71A.jpeg

2 answers

0 votes
Jeremy Anderson August 9, 2021

Unfortunately it's still not what I need because the job goes so quickly that there needs to be an option to add or subtract to the number in the field without having to click and scroll to find a number. I need a way to tally without scrolling and/or having to re enter a new number each room they walk into. Like I said, it's a fairly simple thing. Is there someone I can talk to about having that added?

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2021

You should check out smart fields powerup and also dashcards. 

Oakley Anderson July 14, 2021

Sorry, I think you misunderstood. I am looking for something much more simple. I looked over smart fields and dash cards, and neither is what I am looking for. I need to see if there is a way that I can do a custom field that allows me to add or subtract from a number that I enter simply by tapping the - or + without having to tap on the number and change it each time I want to change the quantity. Like this but with custom field names:

4C3AB4A2-AE67-4A99-ADC6-ECED8B5EFF89.jpeg

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2021

You are 100% right. I didn’t read it carefully enough. Sorry I don’t think we have anything like that. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

@Oakley Anderson you could use a dropdown with numbers 1 - 20 in there (or whatever range you need)

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

+1 on the dropdown solution

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events